Deliver the best clinical outcomes
- Treat and care for people in a high quality, safe environment and protect them from avoidable harm.
- Help people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury.
- Maximise the health of those who use our services.
- Enhance the quality of life for people with long-term conditions.
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence-based.
- Contribute to the development of locally tailored public health prevention strategies.
- Ensure person centred and coordinated care for our patients near the end of life.
Provide patient-centred services
- Treat patients and their families with respect , dignity and care.
- Provide the right care in the right place, first time, working in partnership.
- Maximise the quality of the patient experience.
- Provide patients with choice, giving them greater involvement and control over their care.
- Move care closer to home where appropriate and evidence-based.
- Communicate effectively and develop a vibrant system of engagement within the local community.
- Learn from complaints, compliments and other feedback.
Employ caring and cared for staff
- Treat staff with dignity and respect, encouraging them to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Ensure staff seek feedback from patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Develop a culture that promotes and demonstrates PROUD values.
- Employ engaged and motivated staff.
- Engage, support and empower all staff to continually improve the services they deliver.
- Promote health and well-being for all our staff, their families and the communities they live in.
- Provide an environment where staff can achieve their potential and develop their leadership skills.
Spend public money wisely
- Ensure financial strength and stability.
- Reduce inefficiencies and continually identify more efficient ways of working.
- Ensure our services cost less to deliver than we receive in income.
- Ensure value for money is central to all decision-making processes.
- Learn from other health care providers both in the UK and abroad.
Deliver excellent research, education and innovation
- Become one of the top R&D performers in England.
- Become a leading centre for innovation, spread and adoption, working with industry to create jobs and wealth.
- Lead the development of top quality education and training for all staff.
- Develop research in all disease areas.
- Participate in NIHR, other UK and EU grant funding programmes.
- To maximise the benefits from the use of technology.